Sunday 3 May 2009

Comments on Jaspreet K. Uppal








May 3rd 09.

Comment on Jaspreet blog on racism.

I think when Jaspreet touched upon the subject of racism, he was right, brave and real. Being black myself I must say that I do face experiences of racism more now than when I was younger. Unless I have become more aware of the situation as I don't think I am paranoid.

I read his little poem about the black man who walked into an only white restaurant, and putting the racist white man in his place about having the nerve to call him coloured,when he generates more colour that he does.


I think people who are racist lead very simple shallow sad lives. While they are busy disliking someone due to the colour of their skin, what sort of enjoyment are they going to have living their own lives.

I personally think they are jealous of the colour of darker our skin. After all they are the one spending money to get a tan, going abroad to risk being vulnerable to skin cancer getting a healthy glow. I think if they didn't see black people with darker skin than theirs, how would they want to have a darker complexion.

Racist people are shallow, ignorant and are losing out on getting to know other cultures. Like it or lump it, black people are here to stay as there are many of you out there.

Being racist I would say is immoral, as it wrong to portray that sort of image to children as it gears them up to be prejudice without even know why they are. It is unhealthy for the individual to prejudge someone just because of their appearance, and detrimental as it can encourage segregation.

We are all they same inside, so just deal with it.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment