Tuesday 14 April 2009

Comments of Rachel Evans










Commenting on Rachel's blog about Lies:

Rachel's blog initiates that it is necessary to lie to children and that parents who say they don't lie to their children are lying. But are they just stalling them from answering them honestly.
I agree, I am a parent and do often avoid answering my children.

Making promises and not carying them out to children. I would not say it is a lie. However, in the children's eyes if you make a promise to them and not carry it out, then in their eyes you are not being honest with them and as far as they are concerned you are a l iar.

My children say I'm a lair many time for not carrying out promises I made to them, whether if I said I would get them something or I forgot to take them somewhere, but that it in the eyes of a child.
In the eyes of an adult, I am not a liar, I just havent got round to doing them yet. I don't think it is unhealthy, imprudent, immoral or detrimental as long as it is innocent and cannot hurt anyone.
Sometimes it is not always relevant or necessary to tell the truth.


reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment